About Dalal Steel and this Privacy Notice
Dalal Steel sarl, headquartered at Tehouitta, P.O. BOX 50046 Beirut, Lebanon, is the data controller. In this Privacy Notice, we use the term Dalal Steel (and "we
" and "our
") to refer to the head office of Dalal Steel at the registered address above and its affiliates.
Media Conseil is the data controller together with Dalal Steel sarl, for the purposes of finalising registration, allowing you to use the reserved access services offered on the Platforms (for example, sending newsletters, when consent has been given) and improving the service offered.
Please take a moment to read the following policy which explains how we collect, use, disclose and transfer the personal information that you provide to us on our websites, mobile applications (together the "Platforms
Updates to this Privacy Notice
From time to time we may update this Privacy Notice. When we do we will publish the changes on this Platform.
Information you provide to us and how we use it
To access certain areas of our Platform, you will need to register with Dalal Steel and Media Conseil. During the registration process you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself (including your name and address, date of birth, e-mail address and telephone number, and, if you make a purchase with us, payment details). By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Dalal Steel and Media Conseil to provide you with the services you select.
In addition, we may also collect personal information from you when you correspond with us (for example, if you contact us with a query about one of our products or services), when you contact the local Dalal Steel customer service team.
If you choose to interact with Dalal Steel via a social media platform or other third party service, we will collect the information you have provided to us through that platform.
We also collect certain information automatically about visitors to our Platform, described in the section headed "Cookies", below.
Dalal Steel will use the information we collect from you to:
- assist in managing and fulfilling purchase and repair orders and to provide after service care;
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages;
- send you marketing communications (including e-mails) relating to us and other third party partners in accordance with your communications preferences (please see the ''Editing or deleting your personal information" section below for further information about how you can control these updates);
- conduct market research so that we can continuously improve the services we provide to our customers;
- understand how the Platform is used so that we can continuously improve the Platform and services and other offerings.
Media Conseil will use the information it collects from you to:
- manage and fulfil purchase and repair orders and to provide after service care;
- deal with your enquiries and requests;
- send service related communications, including announcements and administrative messages such as order confirmation;
- prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities and as part of Media Conseil's efforts to keep its Platform secure; and
- understand how the Platform is used so that Media Conseil can continuously improve the Platform and services and other offerings.
The Platform uses automatic systems of browsing data collection, such as cookies. A cookie is a file stored on the hard disk of the terminal of an Internet user; it does not contain intelligible information but it allows linking between a terminal and other information about User's experience on the website and his/her preferences expressed while choosing services and purchasing products offered by the website. For Cookies disseminated by Dalal Steel's servers, no one else may gain access to the information contained therein. These information and data are gathered directly and automatically by the Platform. The information collected by cookies will be processed in order to optimize the services of the Platform. Dalal Steel and Media Conseil have provided cookies in connection to functions such as selecting the country, the language, the location, browsing the catalogue, purchasing products online and in general in connection with the provision of services reserved to registered customers. As you know, each Internet browser allows the blocking or the deletion of cookies. Your Internet browser contains instructions on these procedures. Please access the information on your internet browser if you wish to delete cookies.
We may collect information about your computer or mobile device, including where available your IP address, operating system, log in times and browser type. We use this information to better understand how visitors use our Platform and for internal reporting purposes. We may anonymize and share this information with advertisers, sponsors or other businesses.
The Platforms may use third parties such as network advertisers and ad exchanges to serve you ads on third party platforms after you leave our Platforms, and we may use third party analytics and other service providers to evaluate and provide us and/or third parties with information about the use of the Platforms and viewing of ads and of our content. Network advertisers are third parties that display advertisements, which may be based on your visits to the Platforms and other apps and sites you have visited. Third party ad serving enables us to target advertisements to you for products and services that you might be interested.
Third party tracking technologies are not controlled by us, even if they are associated with our Platforms or our ads. Statements regarding our practices do not apply to the methods for collecting information used by these third parties and others or the use of the information that such third parties collect. The relevant third party's terms of service, Privacy Notice, permissions, notices and choices should be reviewed regarding their collection, storage and sharing practices. We make no representations regarding the policies or practices of third party advertisers or advertising networks or exchanges or related third parties.
You have choices in respect of the delivery of ads. You may opt-out of receiving certain types of behavioural ads by visiting the third party websites described in the section headed "How to control or delete cookies" above. We are not responsible for effectiveness of or compliance with any third parties' opt-out options.
Sharing your information
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except under the following circumstances:
- to third party providers who provide services on our behalf such as online and other payments, processing credit card transactions and handling credit checks and fraud prevention;
- we may disclose your personal information to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party; and
- we may disclose your personal information to any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Notice.
Dalal Steel and Media Conseil will exchange your personal data for the purposes of managing the services provided to you.
Information we collect may be transferred to, stored and processed in any country or territory where one or more of our affiliated companies or third party service providers are located or maintain facilities. While other territories may not have the same standards of data protection as those within your home country, we will continue to protect the personal information we transfer in accordance with this Privacy Notice by adopting Binding Corporate Rules as allowed by Statement of the "Article 29 Working Party" of 16 October 2015.
Protecting your information
Media Conseil and Dalal Steel want you to feel confident about using the Platform, and both parties are committed to protecting the personal information we collect. Media Conseil and Dalal Steel limit access to personal information about you to employees who reasonably need access to it, to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Media Conseil and Dalal Steel have appropriate technical and organizational physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the personal information that you provide to us against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction.
How to edit, delete or access your personal information
You have the right to ask for access to any personal information that we hold about you in Media Conseil and Dalal Steel's records, to correct any inaccuracies and to update any out-of-date information. You can also ask Media Conseil and Dalal Steel not to send you direct marketing communications (however please note that Media Conseil and/or Dalal Steel may continue to send you service related (i.e. non-marketing) communications, such as e-mail updates on your order status). If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to either Media Conseil and/or Dalal Steel (as relevant) at the address listed below. You may unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications at any time by e-mailing the address below in the section headed "Contact us" or clicking on the 'unsubscribe' link in any Dalal Steel marketing e-mails.
Contact Dalal Steel
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice, or privacy matters generally, please contact us at the address provided below. You can also use this address if you wish to request access to the personal data we hold about you or to unsubscribe from any further e-mail marketing communications.
Dalal Steel sarl, Tehouitta, P.O. BOX 50046 Beirut, Lebanon